Sasha Allen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So.. What do you think of the Single?

+29
Grantie
Jai
Shawn E
sc8205
GeminiPower
timcondition
earthakat
TheEvertonian
candysweet1
TAaron Christon
chasencharles
lrt2285
serendipity124
musiczbaby
Ashley
Esjay
michael
carameluvnyc
christiantbailey
travismontez23
YoungQ
NDworman
Kev
dancergirl
Rashad_Jovan
melly_mel
soulstar86
liplover2008
Sasha
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty My opinion of the song

Post  candysweet1 Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:54 am

I think that you did a great job singing the song, but to be honest I thought some parts of the song was kind of boring in a way. You have a beautiful voice. I'm not trying to be mean because I rather be honest than pretend that something is so great. I am use to listening to songs that is going to make me dance. I like the R&B hip hop type of songs. Sasha I feel like you should sing songs that is going to make people dance and stay awake. Singers have their own way of singing songs and I understand that. I'm not trying to say that slow songs are boring because that is not true. Fantasia's song "I believe" was a slow song, but it was very interesting. But overall I think you did a great job with the song. I have so many favorite singers that I like and sometimes I wonder why they sing a certain song or why they are wearing a certain outfit. Whatever I said, don't let that bring you down because you are still going to make it big as a singer.

candysweet1

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Congratulations!

Post  TheEvertonian Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Hey Sasha, I am from Liverpool, England, and have seen you over the past few years, firstly at Cafe Wha and then just a couple of weeks ago at Village Underground when you sang 'Big Spender' - I never really liked that song until now! I always try to make a visit to either/both when I go to New York, and was really pleased to see you at VU, which has become a great venue.

Good luck with the single. You have an amazing voice, and I wish you every success. I will be telling everyone to download it, and you can be sure you will have a new army of fans over here!

David

TheEvertonian

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Yayi Yayi Yayi Yay - Let's Buy Away

Post  earthakat Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:57 pm

I'm ready to buy this shit now gurl!
What a beautiful song! Totally catchy! And that's what we want iight?
I know i got my single for free and shit, but when the cd hits, ima be the first one online to cop it.
We've always known that you are an extraordinary singer Sashes (i'm going with that for now...you'll see it will catch on) and this single is only a sneak peek into your talent as an artist.
The only problem I have is that it's not long enough...but I'm gonna try and not be so greedy, I mean it was free right?
Yeah and that fool with the earlier post regarding production is just tryin to get a job outta yall...lol
You Go Girl
Cheers, Kat

earthakat

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Great debut

Post  timcondition Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:42 pm

Sasha, I have had the pleasure of seeing you perform with Christina and Face and of course I remember you from Born to Diva and I KNOW it would have been much easier to "go with the flow". I applaud the CALCULATED risk you took with this single. I know many say that "mainstream radio" isn't ready, but what they call mainstream radio is simply urban radio and if you truly want longevity, you need to have much broader vision than Hot 100. I am in Philly and the top stations here would eat this song up. I am sure you have material that will be "hood friendly", but you have set a course for stadiums, not only clubs. Versatility is what is lacking in the industry today and I am a witness that you can quite literally do it all. Finding yourself as an artist is the hardest part of the journey. Once you do that and are confident and comfortable in your skin, maintaining your integrity and identity will be easy. You are a star, and it's undeniable. Your voice speaks for itself (so to speak...LOL). I feel like this single says from the start "PLEASE DON'T PUT ME IN A BOX!!!" That way, you won't have the problem most artists have when they do a predicatable first release and then try to experiment on their sophomore projects and nobody buys it because they just want part 2 of the first release. People like you, PJ Morton, Josiah and a few other artists who have decided that you will be who you were created to be, are the future of the industry and quite frankly a breath of fresh air. Your road may be a little tougher this way, but it will be SO much more rewarding.

Stay you and I hope to see you again soon.

-Tim
timcondition
timcondition

http://www.myspace.com/timcondition

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Let's Fly Away

Post  GeminiPower Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Sasha – I have been a fan of yours from your Café Wha days and have followed you since. Laughing I can’t express how proud I am of you. I honestly did cry when I heard it (I know… I’m a wuss), but it was an awesome feeling to hear this big production from an individual that you KNOW has so much talent; so much to offer and so much to teach. I never doubted what would be introduced to the world. Rob’s vision is not to be messed with – the man is a genius – so my congratulation goes out to him as well. It’s a catchy tune and it stick to your head immediately. If this is what we get for an intro, then I can’t wait for what’s to come.

I’m spreading the word. cheers
Soon the world will catch on to what we all already know.
Remember we are all behind you Exclamation

GeminiPower bounce

GeminiPower

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Re: So.. What do you think of the Single?

Post  sc8205 Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:32 am

I LOVE IT!!! cant wait to hear more

sc8205

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty I love it!

Post  Shawn E Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:56 am

Sasha,

I dont even know where to begin. I have been a fan since I first heard u sing Aint No Way on Born to Diva. Good thing for me I live in NJ, so i was able to hear u frequently @ the VU, and see both of your shows @ the VU (flying home from vacation early to see the first one!! lololol). I absolutely love your single; and although i know I am somewhat partial to you and whatever it is you do, I can truly say, without bias, that I was very pleased with it!! I think the song, in its entirety, is a great representation of who Sasha Allen, the artist, is. As you said in one of your responses, you are a combination of many different styles, and this certainly shows you versatility as an artist and vocalist. I'd be here all night if i continued typing my thoughts lol, so im gonna end it here! Again, I LOVE IT!!!

Shawn E

Shawn E

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Love it!

Post  Jai Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:24 am

Hi Miss Sasha Allen,

I am so excited as I type this because I have been a fan of yours since Born to Diva ( I was mad when you didn't advance but I now realize everything happens for a reason Wink ). Your voice is just amazing and gives me chills. I love the single, it was totally unexpected. I had been wondering about you since BTD went off, so imagine my excitement when I saw that you had videos on youtube. I seriouldy watch "God Bless the Child, One of Us, and Saving all My Love" at least once a day. I know you're going to amaze the world with your talent and I am just very happy for you. Just promise me one thing, if you're ever in New Orleans perfoming, please let me know ( I just have to see you perform live).

Sincerly,
Jai

Jai

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty LOVE IT!!

Post  Grantie Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:30 am

Hi Sasha, just wanted to let you know that I just LOVE the single. It's now in rotation on my Zune.
cheers
Can't wait to hear the entire CD. Keep doing what you doing.

Grantie

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Re: So.. What do you think of the Single?

Post  Shawn E Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:09 am

Sasha,

So my sister told me to tell u that she really likes your song! She said to me that she woke up with your song in her head and went to listen to it again. After that, she sent me a text telling me to tell you that she really likes it and thinks that u will go very far and do very well in this industry!

Shawn E

Shawn E

Back to top Go down

Post  Focused1 Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:23 am

What’s up Sasha! Smile I’m one of your subscribers from your YouTube channel. I really like this song. It’s edgy and it fits you really well. I read your previous comment, and that’s commendable that you don’t want to limit yourself and that you are striving to be versatile. Keep doing your thing; you have my full support when the album drops. Oh, and make sure you post your new single on You Tube. You’ll get a lot of feedback that way as well.

Focused1

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty touched that you listened to my response...

Post  christiantbailey Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:38 pm

actually something you said in your reply was something i totally agree with....i was not saying, just to clarify, that you should be doing something like whitney houston...i was just saying you are at that level of greatness with your quality...you have the uniqueness to establish yourself in that way...i was just saying simply this song is not good enough for you...i do understand that journey for yourself...there is a something i notice with a lot of rising singers...they try to put something out that is unique and somewhere in there it still is trying to be like something else...that is what i hear in this song...and it is even relevant in others comments...it is not the end all...i'm fully aware of the trial and error it takes...not that my comments are the end all...but the best for you is clearly the best for you....this song is not good enough for you in my opinion..you mentioning "if god was one of us" clearly a very well written song...and should be your single...if you could have the rights to it....with other singers that have tried to come up out of something with something unique...i've always believed in giving something familiar because it shows how unique you are....why not sing a great song opposed to something that is going to be an eternity before anyone has a relationship with it....or unless it is a guarantee hit....like "you give good love" there are some songs that are just well written definite hits...and some that aren't....in my opinion this is not that song....if you would release "if god was one of us" there would be a guarantee that people would be wondering who that was....this song....will be passed up and be a learning experience...but it is allowing you to answer the question you've already answered....you told me your journey through finding your style....even someone as established as whitney....she should sing a covers record until she finds the right material...hence her last endeavor....i want people to hear you....and have for the last five years....you have it....and i do hope the chaos of this business is less than the clarity of your talent.

christiantbailey

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty i cant stop listening to youre song sasha

Post  dayotheprincess Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:08 am

Wow, youre song is absolutely fabulous I love it loads! Ive been a huge fan of yours since seeing you in the film 'camp' and then when I heard youre song 'Nanking Road' it just confirmed youre status as one of my top female vocalists big time. Nanking Road got me thorugh sooo many tough times, especially when I tragically lost my foster mother to cancer in 2004. The song evoked so much passion, will and determination for me to motivate myself through life and persevere so I thank you soo much for that Sasha. Please continue to bless the world with youre beautiful voice and flourish as a recording artist. I am a fan for life so knock em dead girl, mwah xxxx flower

dayotheprincess

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Re:christiantbailey response

Post  serendipity124 Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:02 am

i think if u have followed sasha as a music artist not just the singer...u would understand this single is extremely unique! its so...Sasha....!!! and that makes it good enough in its own right.

Last edited by serendipity124 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

serendipity124

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Christian...

Post  YoungQ Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:35 am

I think Christian should wait to see what happens next...
Maybe she's already thought ahead, and recorded "One Of Us"...
Maybe the song "Let's Fly Away" is a hit, maybe not....
Maybe "Let's Fly Away" will hit radio, and consumers will appreciate a good song...maybe not
Maybe you could upload a youtube vid of you singing a song you wrote that you THINK would be appropriate for Sasha...maybe not
Who knows, man???

Hit records are not made JUST because of how they sound. They are made because of pushes by label machinery. I remember hearing "Bleeding Love" for the first time. I NEVER thought it was a HIT record. I thought it was unique, and I KNEW that with the right PUSH, it could potentially BE a hit record...but before it hit the airwaves, I didn't really look at it as a hit.
Well, millions of promotional and marketing dollars later, "Bleeding Love" is a HIT...The average consumer, like yourself "believes" it's a HIT record because it's such a great song...but the song became a HIT because you heard it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...which costs soooo much money to even make happen.

I'm sure your comments are are appreciated for it's honesty, but I really think this forum is to support and build Sasha up...
...and we should respect that and keep it as such.

Other than that, let's keep it movin.....

YoungQ

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Young Q

Post  serendipity124 Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:37 am

wow!!! u hit the nail on the head...nicely expressed! we all know that Bleeding Love was not a hit upon first hearing. neither was Alicia Keys "Girlfriend" for that matter. that's why they came out with "Falling" then re-released Girlfriend. but i think sasha loves hearing the good, the bad and the ugly. its help her build as an artist. she has tough skin n a strong family base, so she'll survive the critique's. u r right...we need to keep this forum as motivating n uplifting for sasha because we're going to be the ones saying we knew her way back when... Laughing

serendipity124

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Howdy!

Post  LtrainStudio Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:11 am

Just wanted to drop in and show a little love for the beautiful new recording. I have been listening to it now for a couple weeks. It's just one of those songs that feels great.. those harmonies and soaring lead takes us on a ride for sure... I'd love to know who was the writer/arranger and producer.. AND.. is there a full-length album coming out.. I'm ready to buy 2 or 3 hundred copies of it! Smile

Cheers
Lenny
LtrainStudio
LtrainStudio

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty Very Very Nice

Post  Justano Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:53 pm

I Love How your Voice Sounds with The Music. Very Nice Work Keep up the Good Work. Also.. From The Movie " First Sunday " The Song With You and Michael Davis - Live Again When Is That going to be on Itunes?

Justano

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? - Page 2 Empty one of us

Post  christiantbailey Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:02 am

uh yeah...that's what i'm talking about. so glad. a big bravo. could critique...but it couldn't be a better step...from an audience point of view. i am looking forward to watching your star rise sasha... always an audience member but certainly look to the day of working with you. bravo. christian

christiantbailey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum