Sasha Allen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So.. What do you think of the Single?

+29
Grantie
Jai
Shawn E
sc8205
GeminiPower
timcondition
earthakat
TheEvertonian
candysweet1
TAaron Christon
chasencharles
lrt2285
serendipity124
musiczbaby
Ashley
Esjay
michael
carameluvnyc
christiantbailey
travismontez23
YoungQ
NDworman
Kev
dancergirl
Rashad_Jovan
melly_mel
soulstar86
liplover2008
Sasha
33 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty So.. What do you think of the Single?

Post  Sasha Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:28 pm

First of all, Thank you soooooo much for coming to this forum!
But please tell me... What do you think of the single?

xoxo
Sasha (and it's really me!)
Sasha
Sasha
Admin

https://sashaallen.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty Next Level...So Impressed!!!

Post  liplover2008 Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:11 pm

I've been a fan of yours since CAMP (yeah!!!), and I must say, I always wondered what your sound would be when you finally came out on your own, and I am so loving this song!!!!!!!
It's my new favorite....Thank you for the free download!!!!

liplover2008

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty Hot Single

Post  soulstar86 Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:39 pm

I love it... It makes me wanna hear more of you... I still haven't heard the song "live again" Where can I go to hear it.

soulstar86

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty truly amazing!

Post  melly_mel Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:47 pm

i love the new single and i downloaded it....im sure its gonna be my new personal anthem...
you are doin amazing things...from the movie camp to the amazing tours uve been on...ive been followin ur career and i have never been disappointed..
keep doin what your doin....
ur are blessed with a talent that few people have. utilize that voice to tha fullest...
good luck with ur future success...

-melissa
melly_mel
melly_mel

http://www.myspace.com/melissgurl08

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty Re: So.. What do you think of the Single?

Post  Rashad_Jovan Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:51 pm

What I absolutely love about the song more than anything (besides the amazing person who is giving the amazing vocals Wink ) - is the fact that is sounds completely different than ANYTHING else right now. It kinda starts out Bleeding Love-ish then all the sudden you get this pop/rock chorus and sing-a-long hook. What's even better -- it's also something totally different than what I would have expected. For your first single, I was definitely expecting some kinda Deborah Cox type ballad (which hopefully there's still a few on the album) but I was just fine with this and the more I hear it, the more it will grow on me, and the more I will be "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-ing" wherever I am.

I saw you on Born To Diva, LOVED LOVED LOVED you in Camp and was so happy to see you on the Back to Basics tour a couple of times. I wish you nothing but the absolute best and you always have and always will have my full support!

Rashad_Jovan

http://www.myspace.com/rashadjovan

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty LOVE YOU

Post  dancergirl Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:48 pm

You are an amazing singer!! No other like you!!! I am glad you came with something different than we expected, it's like a surprise. Catchy song! Makes you wanna sing it! I know you got some soul coming that we can expect from you! Can't wait! it's going on my ipod!!

dancergirl

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty Re: So.. What do you think of the Single?

Post  Kev Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Hey Sasha,

LOVE the new track - your voice never fails to amaze me, and the song itself is fantastic. I can't wait for an immense ballad (or ten) but this is a great first single - perfect for radio. Congratulations!

Can't wait to hear more...

Kev

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty GREAT GREAT GREAT

Post  NDworman Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:16 pm

Great song, great performance, great production, great picture, great everything.

Thank you Sasha and Rob - thank you so much for everything.

NDworman

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty A Star

Post  YoungQ Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Proud of you on this day...
You WILL make it...
and be a Big Shining Star...Daughter of The Sun.....

YoungQ

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty I love it!!!!!

Post  Sasha Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:08 pm

I love all the comments!
Kev and Rashad.... Your ballad is on the way!!!!! Wink
Dancergirl... I'm so happy it was a good surprise!!
Noam.... Gosh, what can I say!!!

xoxo
Sasha
Sasha
Sasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  travismontez23 Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:13 pm

I LOOOOVE your voice on the new single. It was different than what I expected from you, but such a beautiful surprise. As always, you were passionate and sang with powerful clarity...But, you were so controlled....I loved it. Great song....

Travis

travismontez23

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty love your voice....but

Post  christiantbailey Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:43 pm

i like your voice on it...but i think you deserve much better material. that might sound harsh because whomever is involved in this release i wouldn't want to be a review that is dissapointing. sasha allen, you are amazing....and you deserve the best...best in material and production...it's not good enough for you. i would say this song will not do much for your career... i'm not sure if this email will go directly to sasha allen...but the site did ask what i thought of the song....i wouldn't generally be harsh...but i thought i'd just give my reaction to it....and that is my honest reaction. further more...i wish i was producing sasha's stuff or at least had some input. i feel there is something in the production and even the myspace page that seems to be insecure....a bit of a film over what i witnessed when i have seen your youtube club performances and seeing you in camp. you are a natural in every sense of the word....and then on top of it beautiful. i also believe i saw you on david letterman back up singing for leona lewis....i'm sure it was you...but if i am wrong i'd feel like an idiot. the girl that was back up singing....is a star.... but not in the light way....in the way that i think it's obvious sasha allen has not found her place yet. it's out there though...and your quality is undeniable. i've had a lot of experience in this business as an actor and performer myself...and as an outsider to sasha allen....i feel like i see someone that doesn't know how good she is..... for reference whitney houston is the pinacle....and i believe you are there....it's a weird business....i could go on but it would be silly but whomever reads this and wants anymore of my observation and opinions and looking for some help in shaping sasha's career...i'd be more than glad to put my two cents in.... it's something i've always felt strong at is knowing talent....and seeing the gifts in people. i've been up all night working on the set of a film, dancing...so i'm a little delirious..but not to the point i don't know what i'm saying...just wrote a little too much and somehow imagine that this won't be read anyway.... best to you....christian

christiantbailey

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty LOVE IT!!!

Post  carameluvnyc Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:29 pm

I love the new single. I have been watching you since Born to Diva, The Underground and Camp. I thought you should have won back then. You are extremely talented and I've been waiting for your CD to come out. From a fellow Harlemite you know we respect real talent and real singing Very Happy. I wish you the best of luck in everything and hopefully the CD comes out soon, like tomorrow maybe Razz. Peace and Blessings.

carameluvnyc

Location : Born and Raised in Harlem, NYC but out in Reno, NV right now

http://www.myspace.com/therealap

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty Beautiful Song

Post  michael Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:48 am

Well done. If you stay focused your gonna be a household name. You have all the right ingredients and resources. Looking forward to the upcoming CD.

michael

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty Your Amazing Single!

Post  Esjay Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:05 am

Hey Sasha, I would just like to say from another young up and coming musician of color I feel you came out with this single at the best time. It has the essence of Sheryl Crow to the sensitivity of Natalie Cole to the soul of ARETHA. In my opinion it personifies the evolution of black music and it NOT being one thing. You can be of any race and just be simpy appreciated for your creativity not How well you gospel riff! I'm glad that you took a chance and stepped outside of the box and opened yourself up to a fanbase that will be able to relate to your music without any color, race or creed lines just simply an appreciation for the artistry. God Bless you on your Journey.
Much Sucess
-Esjay Smile

Esjay

http://www.myspace.com/esjay1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:11 am

These posts are great!

Travis: To tell you the truth... I had to keep this song and the idea of the direction such a secret because I wasn't sure what people's reaction was going to be without listening first. (Was that a run on sentence? LOL!!) I'm glad it was received well!

and Christian: ...your honesty is appreciated, really.
But you have to know: My journey as "Sasha, the artist" has taken a long time to discover and uncover. I've experienced and fallen in love with so many genres of music that it has been hard to decide exactly where I fit, not only in the music industry, but simply as a musician. As an African-American singer, it's almost predetermined for me to fit in a certain style of music. Would it be expected of me, and no surprise to you- if my first record you heard from me after all of these years was a "power ballad" a'la Deborah Cox, Kelly Price, Tamia, etc??

I even had a great opportunity to test my chops with a legend, Babyface. And I LOVED singing those Whitney and Toni songs. It was extremely humbling, and those songs put me to the test... But what I really realized on the road was that I didn't want to be Whitney, or Toni- but that I wanted to be Sasha- unique and set apart.

And so for a year, I fought with myself on what I wanted to become as an artist. There were countless conversations, opinions, trials...and errors. I wrote and recorded songs, searching for what I loved the most. And through this process of experiment and examination, I developed a style for myself, which is a fusion of ALL that I am, not only the soul and R&B/gospel side, but also the popular music, and rock influence. For those of you that listen and love the clip on YouTube of me singing "What If God Was One Of Us", recognize that the origin of that song is ROCK...a style from which I grab.

Know that there is no "machine" telling me who I should be. My producers and co-writers craft music for ME, and not music that's for just anyone. And I am proud that at this point in my career, that I am set aside. So if nothing else, if you don't like the song, appreciate my journey as an artist...

...finally finding herself.

P.S., I know what everyone is looking for from me, and I got that too...Wink
Sasha
Sasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dancergirl Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:12 pm

That was soooooo well said!!!! It will be fun just watching you grow!! I love that we are in on it first, before the rest of the world!!

dancergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashad_Jovan Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:25 pm

Sasha wrote:These posts are great!

Travis: To tell you the truth... I had to keep this song and the idea of the direction such a secret because I wasn't sure what people's reaction was going to be without listening first. (Was that a run on sentence? LOL!!) I'm glad it was received well!

and Christian: ...your honesty is appreciated, really.
But you have to know: My journey as "Sasha, the artist" has taken a long time to discover and uncover. I've experienced and fallen in love with so many genres of music that it has been hard to decide exactly where I fit, not only in the music industry, but simply as a musician. As an African-American singer, it's almost predetermined for me to fit in a certain style of music. Would it be expected of me, and no surprise to you- if my first record you heard from me after all of these years was a "power ballad" a'la Deborah Cox, Kelly Price, Tamia, etc??

I even had a great opportunity to test my chops with a legend, Babyface. And I LOVED singing those Whitney and Toni songs. It was extremely humbling, and those songs put me to the test... But what I really realized on the road was that I didn't want to be Whitney, or Toni- but that I wanted to be Sasha- unique and set apart.

And so for a year, I fought with myself on what I wanted to become as an artist. There were countless conversations, opinions, trials...and errors. I wrote and recorded songs, searching for what I loved the most. And through this process of experiment and examination, I developed a style for myself, which is a fusion of ALL that I am, not only the soul and R&B/gospel side, but also the popular music, and rock influence. For those of you that listen and love the clip on YouTube of me singing "What If God Was One Of Us", recognize that the origin of that song is ROCK...a style from which I grab.

Know that there is no "machine" telling me who I should be. My producers and co-writers craft music for ME, and not music that's for just anyone. And I am proud that at this point in my career, that I am set aside. So if nothing else, if you don't like the song, appreciate my journey as an artist...

...finally finding herself.

P.S., I know what everyone is looking for from me, and I got that too...Wink

I am so glad that you wrote this because it makes TOTAL sense. You and Tamyra Gray have very much in common when it comes to the recording industry (well, good looks and vocals too). The general public expect certain things from you (or put you in a category) because of something you may have already done. Her your case it was Camp and for her American Idol. People see you as basically two new Whitney's. Ok, fine...rock out. However, the problem with that (like you sorta mentioned) there's just seems to be no interest (or mainstream interest anyway) for those type of singers anymore. Sad but true. I WISH that the radio/music playlists would go back to those of early/mid 90's R&B. Could you imagine the radio filled again with:

Whitney Houston
Deborah Cox
Mariah Carey
Brandy
TLC
Monica
Boyz II Men
Aaliyah
All-4-One
Immature

Just to name a few, but you get the point. And as Tamyra had problems with when she was signed with J Records, they gave her songs that they thought the public wanted to hear from a black female artists because of what "researched showed". So ultimately she was dropped for fighting for her project because she thought she was being set up to fail because she didn't think the image she was being given was going to be believable. So being an aspiring artist myself, I believe full heartedly in fighting for your project to get all the attention it requires and that it makes YOU happy before anyone else.

And the recording process can start as one mold and mold to something completely different in the end. People, especially those over 18 - 21 + -- think about how much you changed from year to year in that time frame because of the crazy thing we call life. Think of all the new experiences, people you meet, things you do, etc -- so imagine all that craziness and mix it with ideas of coming up with new and original creativity and you have all kinds of song topics, ideas, genres, etc.

So I have a feeling we should expect the unexpected with this album (sort of like Xtina's Stripped). I think Sasha will be taking us on a journey of all of these years (at least the last five years especially) on what she's been through. I believe there will be something for everybody and that nobody will be disappointed.

Sasha, correct me if I'm wrong.

Rashad_Jovan

http://www.myspace.com/rashadjovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Yea i luv da single i think it is perfect jus like Sasha!!!! ummm all da songs got dat umph dat make u wanna keep listenin to da cd ova nd ova again!!!!!!!!! iluv all da songs they realli are songs dat u kan jus keep da cd in and not even need da skip button!!!! but on da real ova all i luved da cd!!!! Very Happy Its mad kool!!! Cool Soo SASHA YA DID YA THANG GURL IM PROUD OF YA ND LUVIN DA SINGLE!!!! Smile

Ashley

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty "Let's Fly Away"

Post  musiczbaby Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:10 pm

Topic: New Single
Response: LOVE IT!
Very Happy
Sasha, I've been listening to you since "Camp". "Let's Fly Away" has become my new favorite. cheers It's so good to hear a strong voice coming from someone who is positive and respectable. It's inspiring to know that through your journey (musically and personally), you have managed to settle for nothing less than the best. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Best of luck. I love you

musiczbaby

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty The Journey...

Post  serendipity124 Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:31 pm

sasha let me start by saying i totally love your new single! for those of us who has followed ur career from Tada days Very Happy we know ur journey. true artist just don't wake up overnight n say that i'm going to sing. it's a gift that is within n no matter what life takes them through, they still embrace there gift n uplift others! u have uplifted us! ur new single covers all the music that lives in YOU! all genres...i am so ready to Fly Away with u towards your next single cause i have played this one over n over n over n over Wink i even wrote the lyrics! so keep doing ur thing girl n know we all support u n ur journey as one of the true artist with an AMAZING.....voice!!!! rob...u r a musical genious!

serendipity124

Back to top Go down

Post  liplover2008 Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:39 am

Great explanation, Sasha. Im glad that I'm here.
I'm such a fan, and to ACTUALLY be able to hear from you is absolutely the best.
I'm even more of a fan, because through your posts I can tell that you are very down-to-earth.
Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
I'm truly inspired. Very Happy

liplover2008

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty Congratulations Sasha

Post  lrt2285 Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:41 am

first let me say that i have been probably one of your biggest supporters and fans since you first opened your mouth and sang the hell out of " Ain't No Way " on Born To Diva, as for this single all i can say is yeahy yeahy yeahy yeahy i'm flying away lol after the first time listening to it i was singing it so for me that 2 thumbs up, and i love the fact that you sing so many different genre's, so you can basically go in any direction with your music which i love because it's like a surprise every time you release something new. I've been praying and waiting for you to put out an album or something i even have my family keeping up with your career, so i got your back no matter what, best of luck and keep doing you everyday and all the time. Very Happy cheers

lrt2285

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty BANGIN TO THE 11th POWER AND PROLLY MORE

Post  chasencharles Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:46 am

i was soooo wonderin where u would go wit your single...becuz i WAS aware of some of the things you've done b4 at the village underground and that shangai (crap i forgot da name, but da song was nanking road), and i was anxious to know wat direction u were gonna take da first single.... Im soo happy wit where u did, tho id prolly b happy wit where ever u took it, becuz i dont really JUS see u exclusively R&B, so i wasnt really expecting anything i wouldn't like. i can really appreciate you steppin out and jus doin u, and for makin this ur first move, cuz its soo easy for ppl to throw u in a box..especially if ur black and have some type of range......"ooooooo stop the presses we've got a new whitney on our hands!" i personally think its much more rewardin hearing an artist b true, even if the type of music there doin is not my cup of tea, its exciting to know that there doin wat THEY feel....it makes everything more organic and authentic that way, and thats my type of music. I personally played "one of us" on my ipod for a good 2months everyday, making sure everyone heard the bangin-ness, i even got some dancers at my school to dance to "nanking road" they loved it....so u do u and ill keep listenin, cuz ur voice sets u in a leaugue of ur own, and the fact that ur diverse sets u aside even more, and it may not b as accepted by mainstream, but hey somebdies gotta change that....and we all kno wats mainstream isnt always good, not even most of the time these days lol.

i really can apprecite ur growth as a person and artist, that makes me love me some sasha even more.lol, cuz u not JUS singin, u kno? u can tell ur in love with wat u do...and correct me if im wrong but, it feels like if u were to never make another dime singin or "blow up", u'd still do ur thing, and thats wat makes wat u do special...im glad we can take this journey with you.....and im glad ur letting us, like u really respond thats craziness...and wen u do u can tell ur into ur music and ur excited about it....so i will FOREVER be a SASHA FAN! no matter wat.lol and the thaught u put into ur song is definately not taken for granted....its awesome!

chasencharles

Back to top Go down

So.. What do you think of the Single? Empty Let's Fly Away!!

Post  TAaron Christon Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:47 am

I LOVE THE NEW SINGLE!!! I have been a HUGE fan since I heard you sing "Father, Sister, Dearest Voices" for the first time. I was THRILLED to find you on MySpace and look forward to watching your career grow. I don't care what ANYBODY says, you are THE BEST!!! My favorite artist is Mariah but I am now having to make it a tie between the two of you. I LOVE YOUR VOICE!!!! It gives me CHILLS!!!! You can sing a phone book and I'd listen. As a vocalist myself, I can understand the time and work it takes to develop such control. Girl, YOU HAVE IT!!! I search for your performances on EVERY video site that I visit and you'd be surprised where they are posted!! Well, keep doing what you are doing. NEVER stop singing. NEVER let anything stand in your way. AND no matter WHERE your CD is sold, please let us know when it is released. I'm sure your REAL fans will GLADLY order it online just for the privilege to listen to your gift. Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah, Let's fly AWAY!!!
TAaron Christon
TAaron Christon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum