Sasha Allen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama vs. McCain

+5
Sasha
liplover2008
dancergirl
carameluvnyc
Miguel
9 posters

Go down

Obama vs. McCain Empty Obama vs. McCain

Post  Miguel Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:31 pm

I have no idea how any African American can be in support of John McCain, let alone be a part of the Republican party. When you have the opportunity to not only make history in voting for the first African American president, but also vote for a great individual, and you opt instead to support John McCain makes no sense to me as a Mexican American. My potential Mexican American nominee would have to be a crack-head for me not to vote for him. Wake up America!!

Last edited by Miguel on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Miguel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obama vs. McCain Empty ....

Post  carameluvnyc Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:36 pm

It would definately be great to have Obama in office. I would have never thought in my lifetime I would see a black president, one can hope but you never know. I know who Im voting for though. As far as black in the republic party, actually the republican party was the first political party who allowed blacks to join. The democrats followed suit a ways down the road even though most black people are democrats today including myself.

carameluvnyc

Location : Born and Raised in Harlem, NYC but out in Reno, NV right now

http://www.myspace.com/therealap

Back to top Go down

Obama vs. McCain Empty Not the same Republicans

Post  Miguel Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:00 am

It's known that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican President, and of course he helped abolish slavery. Unfortunately, as with many things, the Republicans of yesteryear aren't the same today. Today we see that the driving force with the Republican party is among other things, control and money; whereas with Democrates/Liberals, we see a need to help the common working public and not put the millionaires of America first. Oboma sees the abuses the Republicans of today continue to make and soon we will see true change in the first African American president.

Miguel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obama vs. McCain Empty Re: Obama vs. McCain

Post  dancergirl Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:15 pm

Yeah Obama!

dancergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  liplover2008 Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:50 pm

It's amazing to witness, in this day and age, the sense of racism that still exist in America, and this election will surely bring it out of EVERYONE...

Barack Obama having a chance to change and make history has brought out the racist in a lot of people,
not only in whites, but in blacks also. The sad element is that most blacks may have NO idea what makes Obama's policies
different than those of McCain, or even Bush's for that matter...
They just know "he's black, and if a black man has a chance at being President of the United States, in my lifetime,
THEN I'M VOTING FOR HIM!!!"

That's pride....and racism...

I watched two white women from Pennsylvania, at the speech in which Hillary had to pull out of the race, actually say this:
"I don't know WHO I'm voting for in this election, but I KNOW who I'm NOT voting for......and I'm NOT voting for Barack Obama."

Racist?? Sure is...but for every black person saying "I KNOW who I'm voting for: Barack Obama", and the reason is because he's black.....well, that's racist too...right?

It's amazing to see the division...
For me, I want to see the most DRAMATIC CHANGE possible, and a UNBIASED, UNPREJUDICED, OPEN-MINDED, EVEN-HANDED PRESIDENT would be the most dramatic change imaginable.
I trust in Obama's motives, and I trust his judgement, not because he's black...but because he's really trying to make a difference...for ALL Americans.

afro

liplover2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:59 pm

Let me start by saying RIGHT THE @#$% ON!!! YES WE CAN!!! OBAMA!!!!!!!!!

Now, lets turn it around. I am a democrat, but isn't it prejudice to say that all African-American people should believe in a democratic policy? I have an African-American friend that is a Republican. Why she's a republican, I don't know. But shouldn't she as an African-American in America have the right to choose who she wants in office? Isn't it prejudice to think that all African-Americans should vote for Obama, just because he's black?

I would love to see OBAMA in office because of what he symbolizes!

Last edited by Sasha on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sasha
Sasha
Admin

https://sashaallen.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Miguel Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 am

My belief is if you have two equal candidates and one is white and the other is black or latino, then i'll vote for the two later... no doubt that's biased; it's not racist because I would never say I don't want a white President, I just want a minority this time around.

It just so happens that the Democratic Obama has the same beliefs I do about many political issues. You gotta go too far back to remember when the Republicans were for the people and not only for the rich.

Miguel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HOLLYWOOD Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:14 pm

I think Obama wants to unite the country first and foremost. I think his interests lie with my own. Close the wide gap between the rich and the poor and create the middle class again! Make health care readily available to everyone, safely get us out of this messy war, fix the education system cuz its in shambles, allow people to marry whom they chose without interference of the state's religious leaders, and damit bring down the gas prices!

HOLLYWOOD

Back to top Go down

Post  timcondition Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:48 pm

As a black man, it is easy to get lost in a sense of pride to see a black man potentially become the next president of the United States. However, as a middle class, working man with a family, at the end of the day, I am looking at who I feel will best represent me and the needs of those in my "class" not race. As far as I can tell to this point, that is undoubtedly Barack Obama. It's not because he is a black man and is relatable, it is because he speaks to all people, not simply rich campaign contributors. Yes he is still a politician and yes the president is not as "all powerful" as some appear to believe, but I definitely like my chances with Obama in office a lot more than McCain. I need only compare the state of the country from '92-'00 to the current state since G.W. got in office to see that change is EXACTLY what is needed.
timcondition
timcondition

http://www.myspace.com/timcondition

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungQ Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:24 am

I'm pulling for Obama...really.
But isn't it just GRAND, in this place in history to leave the STATE OF AMERICA and it's ECONOMY...on the shoulders of a BLACK MAN?

He has a lot of problems to fix...a lot.
What a responsibility. Let's hope the American people are right...and our democracy is rewarded.

YoungQ

Back to top Go down

Post  timcondition Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:28 pm

Definitely a daunting task no matter who is elected. I hope the people are wise enough and aware enough to know that NO candidate will have a quick fix. It took Bush 8 years to create this mess, it will take someone more than a few weeks or months even to fix it. We also need to study and realize that the President is not the man like we think he is. It's the highest office in this country and yet he can't do ANYTHING alone. We are still not a dictatorship, so he has to have support to make changes. So even if Obama is elected, he will need support to truly accomplish his vision for the country.The House, the Senate, they all have to believe in his plan/strategy and back him up. Of course we know racism exists in politics too, so there may be those who just won't just because, so we have to expect that at least a little. I just pray that we have enough people in office who truly have the best interest of the country(company) at heart. American is just a big business and just like any major corporation, it takes hard work to get out of the red and back to "good business".
timcondition
timcondition

http://www.myspace.com/timcondition

Back to top Go down

Post  liplover2008 Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:17 am

America IS a corporation...but you would have see "Ring of Power" to get that...
Google it...it's mind-blowing.

liplover2008

Back to top Go down

Post  ~*Be@uTy*~ Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:06 am

I will vote for whoever says they can get gas back to $1.00 per gal!! L0L! Just Kidding :-)

~*Be@uTy*~

http://www.myspace.com/msnae03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum